Find Your Dream Home – Right Here!
Finding and buying your ideal property can be a Dream Come True! There is something extra special about walking up to the front door on moving day, sliding in your key and entering the foyer of your beautiful new home.
However, getting to that point can be a nightmare unless you have the right Realtor working with you throughout the buying process. As your Realtor, I ensure that I will do two important things for you:
— Assist you in buying a home that matches your requirements
— Streamline the process to make it as simple and easy as possible
The Mari Takeshita Team has been advising buyers for years, through a variety of different transactions: single family homes, condos, townhomes, multi-units, commercial properties, land, and many more!
How do I work with clients?
I take my time to learn what you really want in a home. We look at your needs and desires, and help you determine the price range within which you should shop. We will discuss property features, community features, location requirements, school preferences, etc – The list goes on and on!
We will make sure of the loan that fits your needs ( Fha, Conventional, VA ) and if you will want or need to use a down payment assistance program.
Then, we hit the streets! I’ll show you properties that meet your specific criteria – including brand new listings the instant they come on the market! These properties sold by individuals, HUDs, bank owned, and short sales. Or perhaps you are looking for new construction or custom built home.Get Started Now
As your Realtor, I look out for your best interests at all times. I’ll be sure to provide you with in-depth property details of each home you view, insight on desirable features you may not notice and identify potential concerns you may have overlooked. As your Exclusive Buyer’s Agent, it is my legal and ethical duty to represent your best interests at all times. Working with the Mari Takeshita Team, you will receive:
I’m by your side every step of the way. When you find the home you want, I’ll prepare and present the offer, and negotiate on your behalf, to ensure you get that property at the lowest price possible.
Ready to Get Started?
This website is packed with information that will answer many of your questions, and make your home buying journey easy.
When you’re ready to talk, please call, email or submit the form below.
I’m always here for you!
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
From House Hunter to Homeowner
Purchasing a home can quickly become a very complicated process, and can be overwhelming! Take some uncertainty out of the equation, and check out Mari’s 10 Step Homebuying Process Below.
Please keep in mind that each one of these steps has a set of sub-steps within them. This is where the buying process can get overly complicated, and it is important to have a great Buyer’s Agent on your side. That’s why you need the Mari Takeshita Team. But don’t just take our word for it…. Click here to see what our buyers are saying about services and results!
Get our FREE Step-By-Step Buyer’s Solution Guide for INSTANT ACCESS to Mari’s most effective home buyer secrets.
SELECTING A REALTOR:
WHY A REALTOR?
If you’re planning on buying a home, you may have already been shopping online or driving around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing of that property. Yes, you can do all of that on your own, if you have the time and expertise. However, statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding your dream home at the right price with your own personal Realtor.
Your Realtor Works for You
A Realtor, especially one who knows the Denver market well (like I do), can help you find and buy your ideal home, quickly, and make the entire process go smoothly for you. During a viewing, I will give you the inside scoop on that property, so you know the full story. I will also point out desirable features, and potential “issues”, that you might otherwise miss. When it comes time to make an offer, as your Realtor, I will present and negotiate on your behalf. If you don’t have your own Realtor, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours. Bottom line: Your own personal Realtor is there for you, every step of the way. At least, that’s how I work with my clients.
Qualities to Look for in a Realtor
When buying a home, you want a Realtor who…
– Takes the time to understand your needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
– Explains everything clearly and answers your questions, so you’re never left in the dark.
– Has expertise and a track record of success in the local market.
– Knows how to find great properties in your price range.
– Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
– Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want.
– Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
– Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the property you want.
– Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you may need in the process.
Not every Realtor offers all of these services. My clients say that I do. They also tell me how much they appreciate my professionalism, expertise and accessibility. (PLEASE Don’t hesitate to request my references from my past clients)
The best way to select the right Realtor, is to meet with him or her in person. Be prepared with plenty of questions! See if they are a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with me, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you shortly! I am excited to help you find your “Home Sweet Home”
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
An important ingredient in a successful home search is knowing how much you can afford. You don’t want to fall in love with a property only to find out it’s outside your price range! That’s why I recommend getting a Mortgage Pre-Approval. This document from your bank or other lender states how much of a mortgage they are willing to give you – and avoid any unnecessary “House Heartbreak”.
Why is this so important? There are two advantages to getting this pre-approval:
– It gives you the peace-of-mind of knowing you can afford homes you view on the market, and won’t have problems arranging financing.
– It’s a sign to sellers that you are a serious, prepared buyer – which gives you the edge when making an offer.
You can arrange for a Mortgage Pre-Approval with your bank or other lender, or by working with a good mortgage officer. I’m well-connected in the Denver real estate scene, so if you want me to recommend reputable lenders, please contact me.
How Much Home Can You Afford?
Banks and lenders use specific criteria to determine how much of a mortgage they’re willing to offer you.
They look at your:
c. credit score / history
d. employment status
e. down payment
It’s important to understand how each of these variables can play into your mortgage approval. One of the most misunderstood elements is your credit score (or your credit risk level). The most commonly used credit score is called the FICO Scores, created by the Fair Isaac Corporation. To get a better idea of how this silly little score has such an effect on your mortgage rate and terms, Click Here to download the FREE “Understanding Your FICO Score” Guide.
It may seem like a scary process at first, but it is actually very straightforward. You can usually get a Mortgage Pre-Approval in a SINGLE DAY! You’ll be glad that you did.
Down Payment Assistance
FACT: The Denver Metro area has over a dozen different Down Payment Assistance Programs available! Some you don’t even need to pay back!
With so many options for financing, many questions are sure to arise.
– Do I even qualify?
– How do I know which is best for me?
– How much do I get?
– Which one gives me the largest amount?
– Do I have to repay the loan? Or is it considered a gift?
– Can it help with closing costs?
– How does my income factor in?
– Will my credit affect how much I can receive?
– Is there a limit on the sale price of a house I can buy?
– Are there restrictions on the type of home I purchase?
– How does all of this ” work” for me?
Is your head spinning yet? Don’t fret, I have all the answers! Call me today, and I can help you sort it all out. I will connect you with a lender to help you determine what your best financial options are. Submit the form below to see
The Home Shopping Process
As your Realtor, my most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
I do that in a number of ways.
I regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable, and avoids wasting your valuable time.
I make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a property that matches your criteria suddenly comes on the market, you are alerted within seconds. This gives us an important edge over other buyers, because homes can sell lightning fast in this current market!
I work with your schedule when scheduling viewing appointments, so there’s little (if any) inconvenience for you. Life gets busy, I get that! So whether it’s 10 am or 10 pm, we will be touring properties whenever you are available!
Before you view a property, I provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, I can always get the answers for you.
I also give you the scoop on the neighborhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc. You can count on me to steer you away from undesirable areas, and point out only those I suspect you’d like. Finding the right community is an important consideration for your future happiness in your new home, so we only stick to those that will fit your desired lifestyle.
When you find a property you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without my expert advice. As your Realtor, I’m committed to getting you into the right home, and I’m with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
– Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
– Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
– What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
– Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
– What do you like most about the home?
– Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
– Take a walk around the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
– Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood?
– Does the neighborhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s my job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call or email and let me know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you ASAP!
Making an Offer
Preparing the Offer
When you find & view a home that you really want, it’s easy to get caught up in the emotions of it all! You can hardly wait to get your hands on the keys, but you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers any second! Don’t fret! You’ve got an expert by your side. My job, as your Realtor, is to negotiate the best price on your behalf. This is done based on current market conditions, which we will discuss.
The first step is preparing “the offer”. This is the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions (most common types are financing/appraisal contingencies). The price we offer is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously.
On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home. With me, however, you won’t have to worry. I know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. In fact, I look after YOUR interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
– I’ll recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
– Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, I may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
– I’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate professional, personally.
– If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, – – I’ll work with the seller’s agent, negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
– I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. Transparency is important to me- you’re never left in the dark when on my team.
– Once the seller agrees to a deal, I’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal.
– Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
Making an offer can seem like the most “nail-biting” part of the process, but it doesn’t have to be! That’s the advantage of selecting a Realtor, like me, who puts their clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that home for you. Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.
CLOSING THE SALE
Ensuring the Closing Goes Smoothly
There are few things I enjoy more than telling a client, “YOU’VE GOT THE HOME!”
That means that the seller has accepted your offer, conditions have been waived, the closing date has been set, and you’ll soon be preparing for moving day. Although, just because the purchase has been made doesn’t mean my work for you stops. On the contrary!
There are a myriad of other things I’ll do to ensure the process goes smoothly. My assistants and I will work with the seller’s agent, your lawyer ( if you choose to use one) , and your mortgage lender to ensure that all the necessary paperwork has been completed and submitted.
I’m well-connected in the Denver real estate scene and can personally recommend reputable professionals and companies to help you. If at any time leading up to moving day you have a question, problem, or concern, I’ll be there to help! I’m only one call away.
You can count on me to be your Realtor before, during, AND after you cross the threshold into your beautiful new home.
So what are you waiting for? Your “Home Sweet Home” is waiting! Submit the form below if you are ready to close on your dream home!